Saturday, December 22, 2012

39th week Checkup

YES, I am still around with this big belly. It gets me so restless and anxious at the same time, the fact that I was 3cm dilated 2 weeks ago, and nothing really changed until this week's checkup.

The past 2 weeks, I have not been feeling or seeing any changes to my body. In fact, I get less Braxton Hicks although stronger than I usually feel, but very less frequent.

Last few days before I went for my 39th week checkup, I was experiencing a real pain on my right abdomen. Sakit dia macam ada a very heavy batu in my right stomach, very hard, campur dengan angin. Urgghh... hard to explain. Tapi perut memang mengeras ke sebelah kanan and I could not move AT ALL. I was crying in pain. I couldnt even call out for my husband, not that he could do anything, but I wished I could at least reach him and get him to hold me tight. It lasted about 40 minutes. Then perut lembut balik.

The next day, the same thing happened again. I looked at the time, it was about the same time as the day before, same feeling, same spot. This time, I could reach out my husband's hand, gerak dia told him I was in pain. But maybe because I was too gentle (I really could not move, nak gerak kuat-kuat pon tak mampu), my husband tak jaga langsung. I cried again alone that night for 40 minutes.

The next day, I was contemplating whether or not to go to hospital to check my baby's condition. Benda yang paling menakutkan adalah kalau baby terlilit dengan tali pusat. Friends suggest to go straight to hospital, but when I consulted my mom, she said, she had experienced that before. She said the baby actually moved, kepala from bawah pusing 180 deg naik ke atas, within that small space and considering the size of the baby, of course la rasa sakit. And the baby memang suka stay at one side and mengeras, so it's normal. When I thought about it again, i think it's possible because rasa sakit tu memang seolah-olah baby berpusing. Moreover, I never fail to monitor baby's movement, and they seem fine and consistent. So InsyaAllah, nothing to be worried about. I patiently waited for the next checkup.

When I get to see Dr D, syukur sangat ya Allah, the moment she saw me, she said "Baby dah turun ye. Banyak dia turun" then she smiled. She checked the using the doppler, and we heard the baby's heartbeat, and she said "very good". The she started to scan the baby, again showing me every part of the baby's body. Baby was growing by 200g in a week. She was 3.2kg. And the doctor confirmed baby has already engaged. Alhamdulillah..... syukur. At least something new this week. The position of the baby was good, tali pusat ok, air ketuban ok, everything else was functioning, alhamdulillah...balik rumah, happy again.

Now I just have to wait for my contraction or waterbag burst. Can't imagine which will come first. Lama betul from 3cm dilation nak bukak lebih besar, 2 weeks dah ni. Takpe lah, sabar je laa... Keep telling myself, she will come out, when she is ready! :)

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...