After so long of ding dong here and ding dong there, I have finally decided on my Maid of Honor (M.O.H) and the other bridesmaids. It wasn't very difficult to choose although I thot it would be the most challenging for someone who has many best and close friends..
But let's just see who I have.. my best-friends-forever...
1. My very very best friend, who is like a sister I never had...Zetty, the closest not only to me, but to my whole family, she is like my mom's God-daughter. Her sacrifices towards me, I will always carry them until I die...
2. Dyla, my FIRST bestfriend, and amazingly, it lasts until today. Someone who even had her hands on my muntah before when I was very very sick and I vomitted in my classroom.
3. ShoN, my bestfriend through thick and thin. Always there, and always understanding..The one bff that I have never had any disagreements/discomfort with. We never fight :)
4. Dini....the one bff who knows and understand me inside and outside. We were roommates, classmates, collegemates, UK-mates, sleeping mate, eating mate, you name it. We share almost everything.
5. Ira, the bff's lovely wife. But now..she is not just one of my bff's wife...!! She is more than that..She is MY bff.. She gives me mental support, help me wherever she can and whenever I am stuck! She will always have a solution, and I will cherish her sincerity in friendships.
Maid of honor by definition is:
1. The chief unmarried woman attendant of a bride.
2. An unmarried noblewoman attendant upon a queen or princess.
Otherwise, she would have been called the Matron of Honor.
Anyway, I personally think it doesn't matter whether or not she is married. I just wouldnt want to burden the married bffs too much, as they would have their personal responsibilities towards their husbands who are also going to be my best guests. Hence, I try to limit their duties as much possible.
Well I guess one of the reasons to get the unmarried bffs for MOH is for them to 'ambil berkat' and hopefully they will get their jodoh thereafter.
The two maid of honor for the receptions are going to be Dyla (for my reception) and Dini (for his reception) simply because Dini has got an office event on the day after my reception night, so I dont want her to rush to get home that night, just to sleep early for the next day event. I didnt have to choose who becomes MOH for which.
But, how happy I was, you won't be able to imagine! After the announcement of my wedding, not long after, these two bffs announced theirs as well, which fall in the same year! I believe it is the berkat of being selected as the MOH, such an honorouble duty.. hehe...
Ira was my MOH (refused to call her matron :p) during my engagement, simply because she was there early enough to help me out with my veils and all. I didnt have to choose who became my first maiden, she was perfect! She was the expert, she knew how to usher me to the pelamin very well, she took care of my veil and my baju if nampak gemuk or whatever, she will tell me to change my pose.. THAT is the real MOH! :)
Zetty and ShoN will be the maids of honor for my nikah. They will be there next to me, holding my hands when he says 'Saya terima nikahnya....' I didnt have to choose, however, hopefully by then, Hazrieq is big enough to let mummy attending to mama Yien for a lil while. *kiss*
I have also confirmed on my bridesmaids for my reception. The four bridesmaids are my cousins. How did I choose? Also wasn't very hard.. One girl cousin from each family... So for arwah Maklong's family who has 5 daughters....? I get them to choose the most suitable candidate. AND they chose my single and available cousin to be the representative. Hopefully dapat jodoh jugak nanti? :) InsyaAllah....