Thursday, January 23, 2014

All of us got sick

I was down with fever on Saturday evening when I was at my in law's house. My MIL and SIL were kind enough to help me look after Imaan while I tried to get some sleep upstairs.

I wanted to go home so badly so that I could leave Imaan with my maid while I get some rest in peace, but since MIL already cooked dinner, we decided to stay back for a while. So my sleep wasn't really a big rest. I was half awake in my sleep worrying about my MIL having to take care of my super 'energetic' baby (Myra advised me not to use the word lasak). And yes, all throughout my sleep I hear 'TANG TANG TANG TANG TANG', Imaan whacking and thumping kakak Khaira's cooking utensils. After dinner, we drove home and I was already feeling sick.

That night I felt really cold. I left daddy and baby in the room and went to sleep at the hall alone. After two hours, I went back in the room because it was Imaan's feeding time. She still wakes up for feeding, you all! And she wants my boobies, you all!

She doesn't cry for milk at night honestly. She just starts to suck her thumb so hard while still have her eyes shut. And I cant bear the sound of it, I will start to pull her thumb out and she will automatically open her mouth and look for my boobs, eyes close. So that's how it is every night.

And when times like this, when mommy is really really really sick, I don't get a time off from feeding my baby. That's a job with no MC allowed. With my throbbing head, I forced myself to wake up and feed her. At that time, I super wished that my hubby has boobs with milk too. A little pat on the knee and sometimes on my arms was all he could give me..well ok la.. an acknowledgement. And he continued to snore. Hmm... thank you husband for the acknowledgement. Teehee...

On my second night being sick, I decided to send Imaan to sleep with bibik. Night after night I contemplate, well everytime when I fall sick, I will contemplate the same thing, and I end up letting her sleep with me. But that second night, I couldn't, not because I didn't want to feed her at night, but because I didn't want her to get my virus. So I did, sent her to bibik.

At 3a.m bibik knocked my door. She was crying for me. Her eyes were wide open and I quickly held her and I realised that her body was so warm already. It was too late to save her. Well I guess it is inevitable.

Suddenly my fever just gone with the wind the moment I learned my baby has caught the virus. Now I gotta be strong for her. I can't fall sick. The mind telling the body. I gotta be strong for her.

So I continue to nurse her and I swear she suckles the boobie all night until my back aches. My milk is the best medicine I can give you. The mind telling the body again.

When the day comes, her temperature goes down and goes up again the second night. I tried to cool her down with warm towel but she just kept on crying and screaming and refusing the towel. I cried too. At 1.30am, we brought her to Alam Medic and doctor inserted medicine through her butt.

Temperature went down after that. And she slept better after taking that medicine.

Daddy pun jatuh sakit the next day. But strong daddy recovered after a whole day rest.

This is the third night, Imaan with mild fever. She is still an active baby nevertheless. How I love her strength.



I hope she gets well soon. If the fever still does not subside, tomorrow will be the fourth night, and I must go to the hospital to get her blood checked for dengue.

At this point, teringat anak boss yang sedang terlantar comma di SDMC for 10 days now because of AVM. Arif Fikri, kuatkan semangat dan semoga cepat sembuh dan kembali kepada mama dan papa. Ameen.


Rasulullah s.a.w bersabda:

"Tidaklah seorang muslim tertimpa suatu penyakit dan sejenisnya, melainkan Allah akan mengugurkan bersamanya dosa-dosanya seperti pohon yang mengugurkan daun-daunnya."

(H.R. Bukhari dan Muslim)







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...