Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Newborn Checklist

30 days to go, let's see what is still pending.

Newborn apparel
1. Bodysuits - I have just bought 5pieces shortsleeves and 5 sleepsuits from Mothercare. Not sure how big my baby is going to be and how fast my baby is going to grow. Buy 5 pieces first, tak cukup nanti, get hubby to run and buy more.
2. Infant cap, Mittens and Booties - I have only got 2 sets from BBstore. Need to buy more. At least 5-6 sets more.
3. Kain bedung - I have got 3 pieces from BBstore. Ira is going to give me more. So I guess, I dont have to buy anymore extra. Nak balut baby tak lama pun.
4. Bengkung baby - I have 3 sets from BBstore, 3 sets from Pigeon and 3 sets from Anakku. Cukup la kottt!

Bottle Feeding
1. Feeding Bottles, Pacifier, Bottle Brush - I bought 1 starterpack from The First Year that has 2 small bottles, 2 medium bottles, with pacifier and bottle brush.
2. Formula Milk Dispenser - I dont need this yet. InsyaAllah as I plan to breastfeed all the way. Moga-moga susu banyak tak perlu la fikir pasal formula milk just yet.
3. Steriliser - I dont really think that I am gonna buy this. To me, maybe it is not necessary. I can go back to basic macam zaman mak-mak kita dulu. Rendam je dgn air panas mendidih. InsyaAllah, hilang jugak bacteria. Anyway Zetty said she was gonna give lent me hers. So, a bonus point if I get this from her.
4. Bottles Drying Rack - I got this one from BBstore, Munchkin brand.
5. Warmer - Normally warmer jual sekali dengan steriliser. But I got as warmer set that was sold separately. Included in the set, is warmer yang boleh bawak travel jugak. I can also use this warmer to sterilise puting botol.
6. Bib - Sadly, I have only got 3 sets. I need to get more of this.

Breast Feeding
1. Breastpad - I got a set of 6 pieces washable pads from BBstore. But according to some friends, it is also better to get the disposable sets. I need to look for it. 6 pieces is definitely not enough.
2. Nipple cream, nipple protector - I have not bought these yet, not sure if I am gonna need these. Bila perlu nanti baru run kejap kat farmasi terdekat to buy. I dont like to buy things unnecessarily.
3. Breastpump - After a lot consideration, I finally bought Medela Swing. My working environment does not allow me to pump sambil buat kerja lain (multitask), so no point of buying the Freestyle Medela.
4. Breast milk storage container - Bought the disposable packs from BBstore. So I can write down the dates of pumping to note which one shall I use first.
5. Nursing Pillow - Got one from my bffs for my babyshower

Bath and Grooming
1. Bath tub - Bought yang boleh guna for newborn up to toddler. Included inside is anti-slip.
2. Bath Seat - Bought one from Ikea.
3. Water Temperature Indicator - I dont know if I need this. But I have not gotten any.
4. Hooded Bath Towels - Belum beli, caya tak??? Haduihh. I need to look for it desperately.
5. Toiletries and skin care products - Blom beli. I am looking at Johnson's brand. Kinda trusted brand for me. Sebab mummy pun still guna Johnson's :)
6. Grooming set - Hanya sudah beli ketip kuku. Need to look for comb, brush and scissors.
7. Thermometer - Beli satu from Pigeon, then tetiba nampak Omron brand, beli jugak. So now I have 2.

Sleeptime
1. Baby cot - Beli the one yang can turn into baby bed later. Bought from Ikea together with its mattress.
2. Playpen - Bffs bought this one for me. I need another cot to be put downstairs while I am away at work, so maid can monitor baby placed in this pplaypen. Tak payah nak bawak turun cot. I cant put baby on the floor, coz I have cats at home.
3. Crib set (Cot bumpers, comforter) - Baru ada satu set yellow color for the cot. I need to get another white crib set supaya easy to match with other sheet colors.
4. Bedding set - Pillow and bolster sudah beli satu set for the cot. ShoAnne said she is going to give another set, I shall put them in my playpen. I already have 2 sets of sarung bantal and fitted sheet. I need to get at least 2 more sets for my playpen.
5. Waterproof Bed pads - I have one rubber pad, I guess it is enough to serve the same purpose.

Travel/Baby Gear
1. Car seat - Have not gotten this one. Haven't been surveying any. Might not need it yet during pantang. So decided to buy this later.
2. Stroller - Pun belum beli. But I have decided on which one to buy. So will get this one later.
3. Baby carrier - Bought 4 position baby carrier (also for newborn) from Mothercare.
4. Diaper bag - Hubby bought one from Nike. Konon dowan pink pink kaler, coz he said he was gonna carry the bag, he wants something macho. So... a sports brand. Taktau la boleh guna ke tak. We'll see.
5. Changing mat - Beli satu tilam kecik untuk changing on the floor. Not necessary for changing table.

For mama
1. Nursing bra - belum beli
2. Disposable panties - belum beli
3. maternity pads - belum beli

Teruk jugak la my preparation for the delivery. Hospital bag pon tak siap lagi. OK. Will try to settle at least half of these if not everything by this weekend. C'mon mama!!!



  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...