Friday, February 26, 2010

Because you are a girl

Kak Haza’s entry today has really caught my attention. It is exactly how I feel and how much I have been meaning to express. Not that I am ungrateful I came into the world as a girl.

Being a girl, has a lot of advantages.

You get to say you don’t know, because you’re a girl. You get to get away from dealing with technical or heavy stuff because you’re a girl and you are meant to be weaker than men.

Girls are expected to have less intelligence than men. But if you are a genius, you get the bonus point. Men are expected to be smart, but if they are not, they don’t worth anything.
As a girl you get to be moody and get away with it because you are known to have suffered from PMS. When a man gets moody, he will be labeled ‘a jerk’.

You get to wear beautiful things like diamonds and tiaras. You can wear pink.

As a girl, if you have good driving skill, you will be called and F1 driver, but if you drive injudiciously, you will just be labeled as one of those “women drivers”, which is not bad I think, because you ARE a woman. Unlike men, if they drive skillfully, nothing great about that, because they are EXPECTED to. But if they drive hastily, they will be labeled as “drive macam POMPUAN!!” which is not nice la, because they are being associated to a different gender.

As a girl, you can talk a lot and looking cute. You can be kelam kabut, careless, forgetful, but still being loved.

Banyak lagi you can do and get away as a girl. And the best thing is, you get to be a mother.

BUT, all the above is only true in fairy tales. If you EVER able to find yourself a prince charming that understands the different nature of a man and a woman. The prince that takes the responsibility to make you happy as a girl. That gives everything just to see you smile. That respects you as a girl and not just treat you like someone who compliments him. That knows how to keep quiet and show respect when his girl is nagging, angry or moody.

In real life, men just live their life in their own convenient way. They harass, they abuse as they like just to satisfy their lust. They just don’t care about anything, and don’t even bother to pick a wedding date. They can just get moody and cranky whenever they are hungry or when the weather does not co-operate. They expect their ladies to just be there for them every time, cater for their needs, and accept their mood swings. So ‘male chauvinist’, I know. They can make mistakes, and say sorry whenever they like and if their ladies, don’t accept it, they get angry for not being forgiven. So typical, right?

If I were a boy, I will be proud of myself to be able to make my girl happy. I would hold on to the principle “I am not a real man if I can’t make my wife happy”.

Beyonce says:
If I were a boy
I thinkI could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I'd be a better man
I'd listen to her
'Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
'Cause he's taking you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

I swear I can be a better man

1 comment:

Ms Road Runner said...

superlike this post! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...