Monday, October 10, 2011

Ijab Qabul review - The Groom is Here

We were busy taking photos in the room, somebody (can't remember who) barged into the room and said "Pengantin laki dah sampai". Tiba-tiba seluruh jantung BLUP macam jatuh ke lantai. And I couldnt remember what happened at that time. The wedding planner reminded us before jangan turun selagi dia tak panggil. So we waited quite awhile up there in the room. I was told not to stand by the window. Tapi all the girls semua tengok tengok from the tingkap and saw the groom. "Ehhhh handsome lah Aliiiii" I heard the girls said. Chewah chewahh


The groom was told not to get out from the car while the rombongan oraganising the hantaran together. Sebab takut hantaran tergolek golek dalam kereta, the kepala and the bottom part of the hantaran were held by different people. So they need to get them organised. Patut la had to wait awhile.

It was raining when I was waiting. But the moment the groom was about to get out from the car, hujan macam reda sikit. (Macam dalam drama haha) Alhamdulillah.


Tengah takut tu, sampai tak boleh nak duduk. Getting ready to go down. Some of my friends were already down at the hall, tak boleh nak naik. Maybe tangga banyak orang. Takut jugak, "what if I slip? what if I tergolek kat tangga? what if I...." There were too many "what ifs" in my mind at that time. So whatever people were talking about, didnt even register in my head. I was smiling, as if I was listening. Truth is... the mind was blocked by what ifs...


Tak ujan pon, saja jer the groom gatal kene berpayung. The whole rombongan disambut dengan bunga rampai by my two lovely aunties, mak ngah and mak chik.




Arranging the hantaran. Kene lah ikut turutan yang mana letak paling depan and yang mana paling belakang. Hantaran semua dipegang oleh para-para lelaki terdiri dari brother, cousins and best friends.


Uishhh..TU DIAAA... berpakaian serba putih, kain adalah from my engagement hantaran. Mula-mula he didnt like it. Sebab dia kata he thinks that kain tu panas. Tapi his tailor cakap, kain tu kain bagus. mahal ok, i dpt free from Jakel. Jakel ketuk me with my kain baju tunang, then when I buat bising, Jakel said I can get one kain baju lelaki of ANY types. I chose the most expensive one. And put it on my engagement dulang. :)


The house is very small so it is very limited. Not everybody could go in. Kene lah bagi space to the groom, nanti panas sgt, sementara gelabah karang, pengsan pulak. The women pulak were directed to the back where the pelamin is.

My spokesman (my uncle) and his spokesman (his uncle), macam berjanji pulak pakai baju kaler sama. Masa ni, PA system tak sampai lagi (my wedding planner forgot about it, and only asked his assistant to look for it about two hours ago).  So sementara tunggu tok kadi sampai, mereka pun mula lah mengotakan janji masing-masing yang telah terikat semasa hari pertunangan..perjanjian 7 dulang to the bride.

Sirih junjung
Mixture of my favourite chocolates

Tissot watch that I had been eyeing

Perfume and lotion set
clutch bag and jeweleries (incomplete sebab takut hilang. will update the full photo)

Al-Quran and kain solat

mas kahwin, duit hantaran and wedding ring (pun tak complete jugak)
Di Selangor, orang kata mas kawin and duit hantaran disatukan. It was very confusing. Because what I learned, mas kawin is meant for the bride to use it if ada any emergencies bila ketiadaan suami, duit hantaran is to be given to the parents of the bride untuk meringankan beban membuat majlis perkahwinan. If you combine the two, it will be haram for the parents to use it for other purpose. However, Selangor has combined them together as one mas kahwin, because the minimum RM300 is too low, it doesn't give any benefits to the bride in the future.

Well I chose to stick to what I learned. My mas kahwin is stick to the minimum of RM300 set by JAIS. Duit hantaran will be given to my parents (or like WAS going to be given). hehe..My parents gave them to me anyway. It doesnt matter, I didn't need to announce it like it would have been if it was set as my mas kawin.

AND we didnt go through the stage where the groom side has to mention each and every item in the dulang. They also did not have to mention the price of any barang berharga like the jewelleries and stuff. I felt it was not necessary. To my surprise I had attended a nikah before that requires the groom to announce the price of each barang berharga. I know it has to be written down somewhere in the marriage registration form. We left it blank, and it was not a problem. You can put it, but I think it is not necessary to announce it. Own choice.


My wedding planner cued for the bride to come down. I was walking very fast I thought I slipped. Argghh it was just in my mind. My dress was super long (Because I didnt get the right pair of shoes with the right height). Patutnya, cari kasut dulu before you go for your fitting. That was my biggest mistake. Ok, one of the biggest la, apart from not able to get myself to be thinner.

I was heading to my pelamin that I oh love so much.


My wedding planner said I was the second to use this set of flowers. Tipu lah tuh. I thought I have seen it some where else. But nevermind. I loved it anyway. And I love the chair. It was unique for me. I thought kerusi tu tak muat for both of us to sit. Because both of our bon-bon bleh tahan besar. Tapi mati-mati dia kata muat. OK lah, muat tu muat la..I didnt want to be fussy.


So tok kadi tu sampai. And my PA system sampai just in time when the kadi sampai, alhamdulillah. And nasib la baik, kalau tak.. sure mati wedding planner itu. heheh.. Dia pun memulakan sedikit tazkirah yang sangat straight forward. Takde lawak, takder tokok tambah. Suara pun tak kuat mana. Saya di belakang sana, tak dengar apa-apa. And the tok kadi didnt even interact with me. Mana tau if salah bride macam mana? Hishh..

Tapi ok lah, the ceramah wasn't long. Straight to point, benda yang wajib-wajib je dia cakap. Dia pun lapar agaknya, and lidah pun penat baru lepas bagi ceramah kat masjid tadi (kan khamis malam jumaat).


Tekun betul dia mendengar. Dengar tu takpe, tapi jangan lupa pesan tok kadi tu ok? ;)



Pic credits to Samsultahir, the official photographer and Jannah

2 comments:

Azman said...

wahh!! so hensem!! the pengapit lelaki macam bradley cooper (muntah hijau okay). no one wants his phone number ke? haha.

Izrin said...

I purposely chose that photo with u in it. Hahah.. kalau ada org mintak ur fon number i bg ok? haha ;) The best 'best man'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...