Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Special Bond


"I know I've said it before but I've played for Barcelona and Villarreal and I've never known anything like it in my career," said Reina.

"It's the belief of the people, the city and the fans; they all drive you on. I've been at Liverpool four seasons now and once you understand how much Liverpool means to the people then as a player you know you have to give everything for them.

"People might think that every team must have that spirit, but it is not that easy.

"It is not something you can switch on, it is something that builds itself over a long time and we have it at Liverpool because of the people around us, the city and the way people are in the city.

"It is a city of workers and people who stick together and Liverpool have to represent the city in that respect. You cannot help but become involved in it."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...