Wednesday, November 12, 2008

John Winston Lennon

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot

Everything is clearer when you're in love


I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Muhammad and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people

If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal

My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted

Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die



These are portion of quotes mentioned by John Lennon. I personally think he is one of the greatest human ever lived this earth. He is only driven by love and peace to lead his life and with those two principles held together in a very strong bond he managed to start a revolution that not only ended the Vietnam War but also triggered the resignation of President Nixon before he (John Lennon) was murdered in 1980.

to know more about him click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...