Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wikipedia

While other people now get addicted to Facebook, I am now mostly captivated by Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia. Boy, it’s really everything. Not that I just got to know about it. At times when I search for something at the yahoo search engine, one of the results will be a source from wikipedia. But I never really got addicted to it until recently when I was telling Ali about the Dead Sea from Islamic point of view, but somehow I doubted my knowledge, well, I might have got it from some unreliable source, hence, I checked wikipedia. The confirmation to my story didn’t just end there. I started clicking at all the links available related to Dead Sea. And I just kept on clicking at the blue links that interest me. Every word or every subject matter has its own explanation, so you can’t be possibly leave the page until you click each and every explanation that will eventually lead you to other interesting subject matter. I have been stucked with the computer for the past three days since I have finished my exam. What surprised me is that one morning when I woke up for subuh, I saw my computer was still on and the page that was displayed was this wikipedia. Instead of going back to sleep, I started to browse the encyclopedia again for hours. And it was 6.30 in the morning!! Here are the things that I have spent my hours searching for the past three days.

· Dead Sea
· Jordan
· Israel
· Parameswara and the sultanate of Melaka, Johor, Perak
· Puteri Gunung Ledang
· Hang Li Po
· Sultan Mangkat Dijulang
· Altantuya Sharibuu
· Anyer, Nusantara
· Austro-Asiatic Languages
· Austronesian Language
· Bandung
· Batak
· Bumiputra
· Canada
· Christian and difference between Roman Catholics and Protestant
· Hebrew
· The 10 commandments
· Jew and Israelites
· Orang Asli including Senoi, Jakun, Negritos
· Malay Language
· P Ramlee
· Papua New Guinea
· Queen Rania of Jordan
· Tangkuban Perahu in Bandung
· St. John’s Institutions
· Institute Chartered Accountants England and Wales
· Sumatra
· Malay Peninsula
· Temasek
· Pacific Typhoon
· West Java
· Yusof and Zulaikha
· Queen Farah Diba, Empress of Iran
· Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis
· First Lady of the United States
· King of Jordan
· Kingdom of Judah
· The old city of Jerusalem
· Old Testaments and New Testaments
· Hebrew Bible
· Wonders of the world
· Qur’an
· Juno, the film Ali was watching on dvd while I wikipedia-ing.
(In no particular order) I might have missed out something though.

OMG! I am soooo addicted to this. Ali would be proud of me, haha! Considering my general knowledge has always been below moderate.

But, to be honest, not that I read everything lah. Mostly i looked at the pictures and any information that interest me relating to the subject matter. But at least now I know a lot more than just facebook-ing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...