Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby talk sounds German

Yesterday my father’s youngest sister sent over her two kids to my house for baby-sitting while she and hubby take a trip to Egypt for about a week. Her eldest son, Aqil, 3 years old is very hyper, yet obedient. Whereas his youngest sister, 5 month old, a very big and pleasant baby. She only cries when she poo. This morning, Aqil came to me and told me that he wanted to sing a song that he just learnt in taska.

Kalau berak, tepuk tangan, kalau berak tepuk tangan, kalau berak tepuk tangan (and he clapped)
Kalau berak tatak kaki, kalau berak tatak kaki, kalau berak tatak kaki (and he stamped his feet)”

After 5 times singing the same song to me, I finally realized that he was singing

Kalau anda rasa gembira tepuk tangan, kalau anda rasa gembira tepuk tangan, kalau anda rasa gembira, begitu lah caranya kalau anda rasa gembira teput tangan,

Kalau anda rasa gembira hentak kaki, kalau anda rasa gembira hentak kaki, kalau anda rasa gembira, begitu lah caranya, kalau anda rasa gembira hentak kaki”

Somehow, the word gembira becomes berak. Hmmm..

Later he sang to me the “ABC” song. But his song went “A B C D E F G H I J K EI AM OEPI , KU AI FLUGHAREL SCHEIBE SCHALLEFE WOCHENENDE……” Well, if Simon Cowell is going to comment on his singing he would probably say “ I think you’ve got the rhythm right, but somehow along the way, you changed your language from English to German”.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Aqil betul la tu...some people feels happy when berak...especially if berak power!

Azman said...

Berak power memang la sangat best. Power = Big transaction, minimum time = Maximize productivity = Negara maju.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...